Port Angeles, WA - Full-Time
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the development/refining of production manufacturing methods and for providing technical support and assistance to production. The manufacturing engineer will also participate in product development from initial engineering through the completion of the final product. Oversees continuous improvement projects that will result in reliable and cost-effective production methods, vendor specifications, improved machine capacity and more efficient equipment for AECS’ products to meet its internal cost targets and the customer’s requirements.
- Provide functional leadership for manufacturing engineering activities; including tool design and build, assembly fixture design and build, and CNC job set-up related processes.
- Provide leadership for ongoing continuous improvement activities to include variance reduction, scrap reduction, and throughput improvements.
- Provide input to and participate in the Process Planning and creation of product routing.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions. *Participate in the analysis and planning of work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and work stations for optimal throughput and efficiency.
- Plan and manage work transfers and new work introduction on time and within budget
- Provide team leadership for projects including developing and setting team roles, goals and objectives in keeping with project scope
- Work across all necessary functional departments on establishing countermeasures as needed to enable the delivery of quality products on time
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and quality standards.
- Checks job specifications, blueprints, engineering requirements, digitizing mylars and inspects parts. *Interfaces with CNC programming and with quality personnel, assisting in determination of root cause of persistent problems.
- answer any production questions regarding engineering, designs, work instructions, and tooling requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience in an A&D environment
- Experience with AS9100 & ISO 9000+
- Hands on practical experience with manufacturing processes and principles.
- Thorough knowledge in the use of CAD/Solid Modeling software such as Solidworks.
- Ability to create, analyze and modify CAD/CAM programs in Solidworks.
- Experience with Product Data Management
- Experience with ASQ quality standards
- A demonstrated record of achievement in manufacturing and problem solving with production teams.